The UF Alert-Gainesville service area includes the university Main Campus as well as other Gainesville facilities such as East Campus.
- Campus Safety MessageDear UF Campus Community,The University of Florida Police Department would like to provide additional information regarding the incidents that prompted the UF Alerts issued during the early morning hours of Friday, Nov. 24, 2023.At approximately 2:40 a.m. on Nov. 24, UFPD was notified by the Gainesville Police Department of shots fired at 1100 W. University Ave . GPD officers found one person suffering from a gunshot injury. Around 2:55 a.m., additional shots were fired near 1200 S.W. 2nd Ave. where a second gunshot victim was found. […]
- Gainesville Police Department has cleared the scene. The suspects were not located; the investigation is ongoing. Resume normal activities. Call 352-955-1818 for more info.
- Gainesville police department and the University of Florida police department currently have a perimeter up in the surrounding areas. Continue to avoid the area, details to follow.
- 2 Black males were last seen behind the CVS at 311 SW 13th St. One was wearing all-white clothing, and the other suspect was wearing a black shirt and khaki pants. Avoid the general area, details to follow.
- Active Assailant with (gun) located (in the area from Union road to Inner road). Avoid the area and secure in place. RUN, HIDE, FIGHT if nearby.
- Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,I wanted to take a moment to update the campus community on the incident that took place last night.Members of the UF community gathered in Turlington Plaza around 8:30 p.m. to hold a candlelight vigil in support of Israel. At 8:55 p.m., a woman attending the event began to feel unwell, lost her balance, and fainted. A man next to her asked others to call 911. The distress of the fainting incident was misunderstood by the rest of the crowd, which led to attendants scattering in a panic. […]
- Law enforcement barricades have been removed. Resume normal activities. Law enforcement remains on scene to gather unclaimed items.
- 5 people injured at Turlington Plaza incident. Treated on scene. Attendees are being escorted to pickup their belongings.
- Event attendees who dispersed the area without their belongings may line up near police on the North or South end of Turlington Plaza to retrieve their items.
- Law enforcement is finishing their sweep of the Turlington area. Minor injuries reported. Scene remains secured.